Where I use a minimal budget, and even less talent to cook food that many would describe as both 'easy to make' and 'edible'! More like incredible!
In today's episode, we're going to turn this:
That's right, with a few simple steps, you too can turn a boring set of ingredients into a delicious Breakfast Melt. The total cost of the ingredients (not including condiments and other things of that nature) should not exceed $6 or $7. Remember, whenever possible, buy generic brand items.
What you will need:
- Salt, Pepper, spices to taste (I used garlic salt)
- Olive oil
- Tomato Sauce (or 'Ketchup' for those in the states)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Can Baked Beans
- 1 Can Corned Beef
- 1 bag Frozen Steak Fries
- Microwave 2 large handfuls* of steak fries until mostly thawed (probably ~1:30); mash thoroughly
- Add corned beef to mashed steak fries, microwave for 1:00 (you have now created 'corned beef hash')
- Add olive oil to pan, turn stove on to some appropriate egg cooking temperature
- Add corned beef hash to pan, once you hear crackling, add eggs**
- Mix thoroughly, keep turning over to allow eggs to cook well
- Concurrently, microwave baked beans for about 2 min. add half to bottom of deep dish, cover liberally with tomato sauce
- Once eggs are cooked into corned beef hash, layer this on top of the baked beans in the deep dish with another helping of tomato sauce on top. Keep making alternating layers until the dish is full
- Add cheese to top, microwave whole thing until cheese is melted and dish is hot throughout (~1 min. should do it)
- For attractive serving, carefully moderate portion from deep dish, and serve with something healthy (vegetables probably)
- For fun serving, overturn dish onto plate, dig in right away (see above)
*I don't cook with standard units of measurements. Neither should you!
**I recommend cracking the eggshells and using the interior liquid portion of the egg only, but that's just my personal preference